Drilling work is ongoing at the Saint construction site:
- Drilling work continues through this week.
- Material removal will also be ongoing.
- We expect that drilling will continue into the month of December.
- There will be some level of noise and dust created during this process but every step will be taken to mitigate this.
- Hours of work will conform to City of Toronto standards – Monday to Friday 7 am to no later than 7 pm. Satrudays, if needed, from 9 am to no later than 7 pm.
- If Saturday work is required we will post that on the website.
- Shoring monitoring systems have been put in place to monitor vibrations and ensure that construction noise remains within levels that conform to City of Toronto By-Laws.
Steel sections will be used as part of the shoring system on site.
- The large steel sections on site will be used as key elements of the shoring system that will ensure the surrounding area is stable and secure once excavation begins.
REMINDER: Access to the site:
There will be access to the site from the Lombard Street gate.
There will also be a gate on Church Street that will come into use later this month.
Trucks are expected to use Church Street to access the site and depart from the site, whether they use the already in use gate on Lombard Street or the future gate on Church Street.