P2 vertical columns will be poured next week at the Saint
Saturday, December 4:
- Crews will be on site tomorrow, Saturday, doing a variety of preparation work for next week and some general set housekeeping work.
- Concrete work on the P2 level slab floor is completed.
- The fencing and Jersey Barriers are back in place on Lombard Street. Until the hoardings and overhead protection are in place we ask that pedestrians use the south sidewalk on Lombard Street.
Look Ahead for the week of December 6th
- The P@ (Parking Level 2) vertical columns are set to be poured next week.
- Further work on the Lombard Street Hoardings remains on hold pending necessary work by Enbridge that has not yet started and nor has Enbridge provide Minto Communities with a start date. Once we have that information we will post it.
- There also remains more work to be done by Toronto Hydro to finish connecting the site to the municipal power supply. Until this is completed, the on-site generator will have to remain in use.
- Concrete work and deliveries will continue daily through the week of December 6th.
Concrete Work & Crane Lights
After every slab concrete pour, the concrete that has been poured has to be 'finished'. This concrete finishing process is essential to the process of creating concrete floors. By necessity concrete finishing may continue into the evening, past 7 pm as may be requried. Especially at this time of year, this means adequate lighting has to be provided to ensure the work can conducted safely. The crane lights that shine down on the site will be left on until any required concrete finishing is completed.