Work to begin on the 8th Floor at the Saint.
Construction Outlook for the week of December 12:
- The vertical columns and walls rising from the 7th Floor are set to be completed early this week.
- The initial concrete pours for the 8th Floor slab are set to get underway later this week.
- There will be regular deliveries of concrete to the site through the week.
- Masonary work on the interior and exterior of the building is underway.
- Structural metal work and metal framing are also getting started this week.
- Initial stud work in lower level suite areas has also begun.
Traffic and Work Hours
- There will be traffic staff and a paid duty Police Officer on site as required, to assist with traffic management.
- Work is not expected to go past 7 pm for the balance of the week, but we do expect work to continue past the effective 5 pm sunset.
Rebar, Concrete Pouring and Concrete Finishing:
Prior to pouring any concrete slab floor, workers must install rebar (reinforcing steel) and form the space (usually using wooden forming material). Concrete is then continuously poured into the formed area until it is full. Once the pour is completed, concrete finishing machines are used to ensure the concrete is set, level and even. Concrete finishing is done as the last step, and therefore this stage of work can be carried out at the end of the work day or stretched into the evening, depending on the length and size of the concrete pour.