Later evening concrete work is likely as the weather gets colder.
Outlook for the Week of November 27th
- The external construction elevator (Hoist) has been extended to Level 31.
- Pouring Level 36 is set to get underway.
- Window installation is active on Level 23 for curtain wall sections, and on Level 18 for window wall sections.
- Corridor studs are being installed on Level 15, suite framing is active on Level 8.
- Parking elevators will be complete by end of this month.
- Internal Tower elevators are set to begin being insalled next month
Concrete and Colder Weather
As are now hitting temperatues close to or just below the freezing point, we would like to extend our remidner that cold weather affects the concrete work. The prevailing active temperature requires different mixes of aggregate and different, most often longer, curing and setting times. This impacts the time required to pour and to ‘finish’ the concrete. As concrete inishing is the final and a critical part of all continuous concrete pours, it is the phase of concrete work that stretches into the late afternoon and evening.
As the temperatures continue to go lower, there will be a greater chance of later working hours for concrete finishing. This also means the crane lights will stay on later to ensure the safety of the crews working on the top level of the building. On colder evenings when concrete work is active, we can expect crews to work as later as 11 pm, and occasionally later. Every effort is made to complete work as quickly as possible while still maintaining all construction and safety standards.
Deliveries for the week of November 27th:
- We expect five (5) Concrete deliveries this week.
- We expect four (4) Steel (rebar) deliveries this week.
- There will be two (2) drywall deliveries this week.
- There will be two (2) window deliveries his week.
- There will be one (1) carpentry delivery this week.
- There will be (3) Traffic Management staff and one (1) Paid Duty Police Officer will be on site to manage traffic flows this coming week.
- If there are significant changes to planned construction activity, we will post and circulate an update during the week.
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, November 30, at 3:00 pm.
If you have not been a regular attendee but are interested in attending please send us an email at