Work is moving to the 37th Floor at the Saint.
Current Construction Status
- The Level 36 concrete slab floor is set to be completed by the end of the work day on Friday, December 1.
- The elevators to the underground parking levels have been completed.
- Curtain Wall installation has reached the 23rd floor.
- Window Wall installation has reached the 17th floor.
Outlook for the Week of December 4th:
- Level 37 concrete slab floor is set for completion due by the end the week.
- Curtain Wall window installation will be active on Level 24.
- Window Wall window installation will be active on Level 18.
- Corridor stud installation will be active on Level 15.
- Interior suite stud installation will be active on Level 8.
- Looking ahead:
- The internal Tower Elevators are set to begin being installed next month.
A reminder about Concrete Finishing in cold weather.
As we have noted previously, cold weather affects the concrete work. The active temperature requires different mixes of aggregate and different, most often longer, curing and setting times. This impacts the time required to ‘finish’ the concrete, which is the final and a critical part of all continuous concrete pours.
As the temperatures have lowered again, there will be later working hours for concrete finishing. This also means the crane lights will stay on later to ensure the safety of the crews working on the top level of the building. For example, if temperatures are below freezing concrete work is likely to continue to 11 pm or later. To ensure the safety and feasibility of this critical work, the crane lights will stay on until the work is being completed.
Deliveries expected for the week of December 4th:
- We expect five (5) Concrete deliveries this week.
- We expect four (4) Steel (rebar) deliveries this week.
- There will be two (2) drywall deliveries this week.
- There will be two (2) window deliveries his week.
- There will be one (1) carpentry delivery this week.
- There will be (3) Traffic Management staff and one (1) Paid Duty Police Officer will be on site to manage traffic flows this coming week.
- If there are significant changes to planned construction activity, we will post and circulate an update during the week.
Holiday Work Hours
At present, the site is set to be open through the holidays, with the site closed on Sunday, December 24, the Statutory Holidays of December 25, 26, Sunday December 31, and New Year’s Day, January 1, 2024. We will update this information if it changes.
Next Construction Liaison Meeting
At the November 30 Meeting it was decided that the next meeting will be held in January, 2024. We will send out notice of the date early in the New Year.
If you have not been a regular attendee but are interested in attending please send us an email at email@example.com for a link to the meeting.